Disclaimer: The Orton Gillingham Online Academy does not recommend or endorse any individual or business embedded in our tutor directory. Our list of providers is available to help inform parents & others seeking professional tutoring services.
Pam JamesPam’s ReadingOwner/Founder
Pam has 12 years of Orton-Gillingham/Wilson Reading Tutor Experience, and she is a member of The Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators. She attended the AOGPE National Meetings in 2011 and 2014, and completed AOGPE Continuing Education, 2011, 2014, and 2016. She is also trained and experienced in Wilson Reading System, and completed Augustine/Orton Gillingham Training with a 60 Hour Practicum in 2005. She is a member of the International Dyslexia Association, North Carolina Chapter of the International Dyslexia Association and CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder). Additional experience is listed below:
- Word Smarts: Using Morphology to Develop Vocabulary and Word Attack Skills seminar by William VanCleave, February, 2016
- Substitute Teacher at The Fletcher School, Charlotte, NC, which is a school for children with specific learning disabilities and/or ADHD.
- Parent Council at The Fletcher School
- Volunteer Orton Gillingham Tutor, CMS 2005-2009
- Parent of children with Dyslexia and ADHD-Inattentive
- Volunteer Augustine Project Tutor using the Orton-Gillingham Approach at Olde Providence Elementary and Park Road Montessori School since Fall, 2006.
- Experience and continuous, ongoing training as a MultiSensory OG Tutor
- Completed the Safeguarding God’s Children for Parents and Congregations. St. Peters Episcopal Church, Charlotte, NC.(included a background investigation)
- Level 4 Volunteer for CMS since 2003
- Epilepsy Foundation and Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy
- Preschool Teacher, Church at Charlotte 2002-2006